View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #9
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious View Post
True, but the hard thing is determining who gets to be 'leader'.
I'm simply arguing that there is a fundamental difference between someone that aspires to a position of influence to inspire/lead and someone that does so to brow-beat into submission.

Quote:
I would guess that a lot of them wouldn't vote for someone like Obama again, due to how they've been told it was 'a mortal sin'.
Some of them might not. Others might choose to see things how they are and exercise other options as PastramiX did.

Quote:
Some leaders don't intend to dictate, but do dictate things because its what their personal beliefs tell them to do, and also because it seems like the right thing to do...
Meh...I would argue that true leaders aren't authoritarian ( 1) because they don't need to be and 2) because leadership doesn't require compliance). I do agree that sometimes people in positions of authority do have to make tough decisions that are sometimes unpopular. The difference is in how it is done.

In this instance though, someone in a position of authority is using fear to further their agenda. Sad.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,