View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #120
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
No, it's still the responsibility of the person who posted it, and I'm sure Huffington has a waiver about that. Unless you're going to tell me that we're now absolving people of personal responsibility.
I'm not absolving that individual of being responsible for their actions, but I'm also not going to absolve Huffington Post of chosing to support such behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi
Has it occurred to you that it wasn't a refusal to take it down, but rather they just hadn't read the blog comments at that point? I don't read my blog comments every day, and I'm sure Huffington is busy with other things. Once O'Reilly pointed it out, the comments got deleted. Sure, they should have come down before that, but assuming it's intentional on her part rather than oversight is unfair.
If this was the only incident then you would have a point, but Bill O'Reilly had a whole list of these incidents, including one where someone was bashing Tony Snow whom had just died of cancer and celebrating the fact the man was dead.

Quote:
Were the comments tasteless? Yes. Were the comments about Michael J. Fox tasteless? Yes. No one should have been laughing at Reagan's injury--that was just beyond the pale, and utterly heartless.
I'm not sure where Rush was coming from on his Michael J. Fox remarks, I do know there have been instances where Rush has been taken out of context or misquoted. If that's not the case I hope Rush appologized, I understand where they could have been made over stem-cell research which is an extremely touchy subject where people can easily take offense one way or the other, but I don't condone what was said if he actually said that.

Quote:
However, I have plenty of very liberal friends and relatives who were just as appalled by those comments as my conservative friends/relatives. Extrapolating all Reagan-hate comments to all liberals is incorrect.
I'm saying far-left liberals that happen to be respected within the Democrat Party Leadership. I'm not referring to all liberals, I know there were quite a few liberals that were outraged, I'm not talking about them, I'm talking about the far-left nuts which I imagine you and your friends are not.

Quote:
With that kind of logic, all conservatives would be accused of being loony homophobes because the Westboro baptist people happen to vote Republican.
I'll have to look up who they are, but the term homophobe has been thrown around way too much lately. Especially to criticize people that are against gay marriage, seriously they can come up with a new legal term that gives gay people the ability to form civil unions with the same rights as a married couple and just don't call it marriage.

Quote:
Likewise, no one should have been accusing Fox of intentionally withholding his meds so his disease looked worse, and that was just beyond tacky. Many of my patients with neuro problems have good days and bad days when the disease is better or worse and it's entirely unpredictable. He could have done everything absolutely correctly with his meds and still had a bad day.
You raise a valid point in that regard.

Quote:
I don't even want to dignify Savage's outrageous statements with an answer otherwise to say that he's not a conservative, he's a hate-monger who tries to use the conservative tenets to advance his vitriol and verbal poison.
Agreed, Savage is nuts, crazy, three-fries short of a happymeal, certifiably wacko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
That video has racist comments under it. So, I propose we ask YouTube to shut down for being a white supremacy website that is for the lynching of african americans.
Uh huh, and MSNBC is a valid source especially when it comes to Bill O'Reilly? Their hatred of Bill O'Reilly is well known.

Bill was referring to the rush to condemn Michelle Obama and that he wasn't going to join in on it without actually seeing some evidence. That is hardly being racist. The comments below the video should be reported and I imagine Youtube will do something about it.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,