Thread: Laziness
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Litofsky
Galaxial

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir View Post
Hmm, sounds suspiciously like a school project, Litofsky
Not in the slightest. I was pondering why some people would lie, and its results, relatively recently. If I had a class that asked a question like this, I would be ecstatic.

Quote:
I wonder if there aren't simple physical laws to which psychology is subject. Conservation of energy, the wont to go slower, take it easier, preserve individual resources.
It is a bane where one seeks to move forward or create an establishment and yet demands resources from somewhere other than themselves.
Interesting. I meant laziness is the bane by which everything falls: societies have fallen because people would rather take the easy way out, as opposed to sitting down and working.

Quote:
Once you've done the efforts required you can just sit back and reap some rewards. Lazy people want to go straight to that part. And here's a problem, we went ahead and made economic, political and socio-political aristocracies. So according to Newsweekly, just buy this product and indeed you can sit back, chide others and be a Hollywood movie star.
This would be a definite problem in (our) society. The easy, cheap way out is always preferred to the one that costs more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
Laziness is a 'bad thing', but it is so common in humanity. It isn't even funny. That is what I get from it.
Not always, but in most cases, laziness has lead to events further 'down the road' that could've been prevent if someone took the initiative earlier. An example would be an engineer hiring the cheaper workers or materials, and then having the construction being faulty, requiring repair in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
People just want others to do things for them, or just sit back and let things around them crumble. I believe that is the reason why there is a great deal of poverty in the United States.
To an extent, I would agree, but only to an extent. Innate laziness, coupled with our society's current attitude (as in, "I want this now." An example, not necessarily negative, would be the Internet and its near-instantaneous reception, etc) are near-fatal.
Litofsky is offline   you may: quote & reply,