View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #260
Alexrd

Current Game: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 HD
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
We're probably going to go nowhere fast on this one. While you probably only see the carrot, it's important to note that there is also a stick. You see "educating the masses about christ". I see "threatening the masses with hell and then telling them there's only one way to avoid it". If only the former were happening, that would be one thing and our disagreement would be academic and nothing more. However this is not the case, therefore I cannot possibly share the perspective that your bias affords you.
I'm not saying there isn't a "stick". But "threatening the masses with hell and then telling them there's only one way to avoid it" is medieval. This doesn't mean that there are not people wich uses such teachings, but the "carrot" is the main objective nowadays of Christianity. "Regret for your sins." I can't see the problem with that. The majority of religions has some kind of "threat". This is not a Christianity exclusive.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,