View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #271
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataris View Post
The definition of Christian varies these days. According to the Bible, a Christian is someone who believes in God and has been saved by Him.
By that definition, jews and muslims are christians as well. Care to try again?

Quote:
From what I've put together I believe the statistic is that 75% of people who claim they are Christian are not by the Bible's standards.
I'm naturally skeptical of statistics that aren't cited, however since you would be hard pressed to objectively define "the bible's standards" anyway I won't waste your time or mine by asking you to show your work.

Quote:
Yes, he knows all about what will happen in the future. But every time you think of something bad and do it, does that justify your actions simply because he knew it and let you get away with it?
If god knows what will happen in the future, then he knew you were going to think the bad thoughts. God is either all-knowing or all-powerful. He can't be both.

Hint: we don't have any good reason to think that he exists, let alone that he is either all-powerful or all-knowing to begin with.

Quote:
Part of obeying God is overcoming your sinful humanity as best you can, even if you have doubts.
Obey god how? Like when he tells you to kill people the pick up sticks on Sunday? Or when he tells you to stone disobedient children? How far are you willing to go to show that you don't lack dedication?

Quote:
Human fallabilities? Is there a time in the Bible that God once sinned, or is there a way you can think of that he is in error?
Ordering the death of women and children would seem to be the most obvious of the elephants in the room. Petty jealousy and temper tantrums would be my personal choices for 2nd and 3rd place.

Thanks for allowing me to chime in with my 2 cents.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,