View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #25
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev7 View Post
I agree. The first thing that entered my head was, where were the tasers?
Already addressed. There is no guarantee that Australian police even have Tazers. Even if they did, they wouldn't risk using non-lethal weapons in a enclosed, close-quarters situation.

Quote:
Ya the kid had a knife, but a taser would stop him in his tracks and give the police officer enough time to restrain him.
Again, based on the info we had, a Tazer would have been inappropriate for that situation.

Quote:
I also agree that he could have shot him in the leg instead of killing the kid.
Do you think the kid would have sat still so the police could shoot him in the leg?

Quote:
I would like to say that the police officer didn't make the right decision, but I was not in his position. The police officer must have deemed it nescessary to shoot to kill....:/ (OBVIOUSLY )
We certainly hope so. If not, then the public has every right to be outraged. I suspect we'll have to wait until the investigation is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawathehutt View Post
There's dangers to electric shocks? Hot damn! Call the media! Of course there's dangers to them, thats the point! Not to mention that there's also dangers to speeding bullets and sharp knives, both of which are a lot more likely to kill the person instead of give them discomfort.
There's a huge problem when the manufacturer says the product will do one thing but the consumer finds out that it does something else. The problem is further exacerbated when the faulty equipment results in the death of a member of the public at the hands of a public servant who was trying to utilize non-lethal means. But then again, maybe I'm just being too soft here.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,