View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #32
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Example 1. When at uni, a police officer strolled into the pub we were in and very aggressively asked what my name and a friends name were (the two of the group who had shaved heads). I refused to give my name, because he hadn't asked in a suitably respectful manner; and told him thus. He failed to asked respectfully so I didn't give him my name. Of course what really amused me, was this cop was such a moron, that just asking for my name (and no ID) meant I could of said I'm Joe Bloggs and he'd of been none the wiser.
In the US this is known as Failure to comply

Quote:
Example 2. When at home, there had been a burglary involving a man wearing pink shoes - I was wearing red ones, and the bar staff of the pub had reported me to police. Very nicely the two officers came over, asked to speak to me. They were very polite, and apologetic - and I was more than happy to be compliant.
You need a new bar LOL

Quote:
I have not done anything wrong, so do not fear the law; I also know the law well enough to be a right pain in the bum, if the police try to push their weight about.
My general rule of thumb is to obey any person armed more than myself as long as I can still be attacked by them, regardless of whether they are police officers or not. Served me pretty well so far.

edit to add: Can we get the title changed to something like "Police and excessive force" so that it is somewhat less offensive? Done -- j7

Last edited by jonathan7; 12-18-2008 at 08:18 AM.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,