Thread: Laziness
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #21
Darth Avlectus
If Sunday you're free...

Current Game: Poisoning pigeons in the park.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
When people tell me I'm lazy, I disagree for the same reasons you stated.

I think that people like us are 'efficient' and not lazy.

_EW_
Hey, so long as you have SOMETHING to make up for lack of action. Efficiency is good, but it's even better if you are *effective* with it.

OR creative.

I like your thinking, big guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Depends what I'm doing as to if I'm Lazy or not, though laziness isn't always always a bad thing. Take football (soccer) as an example. I often conserve energy in the first half of games - meaning when everyone else is getting tired in the second half, I can take advantage of it. Also being a flair player means, I'm not always involved in the game, but 9 times out of 10, I'll be the one to do the decisive thing in a game, but either scoring or setting someone up (any team I play for hasn't lost a game in 7 months ). I have funnily enough noticed that no-one seems to complain about laziness when a) your winning matches b) your scoring lots of goals - funny correlation, no?

Funny indeed.

I believe the conservation to which you reference followed by selective use of energy could also be a form of rope-a-dope.

Actually, when I ref some soccer games I notice that. Star players do that. (Are you a star player?) Unfortunately I cannot openly praise one team during a game without praising the other due to how political being a ref can be.

Unfortunately, though conservation is wise, I don't always have that luxury. But I DO have one way as a sideline flag man ref to discourage "off sides" and it does a great job both in its intended purpose as well as saving energy when either the brain or the body is tired. Coaches can't debate it either!
In fact it really screws up their "push" strategy.

No such effectiveness methods have yet been devised for 8th DAN kendo mastery though (or at least that the masters could/would give out so easily). I'm not talking the sport stuff I have done in years past: I'm talking the real shebang in japan. UGH!

We'll murder them all, amid laughter and merriment...except for the few we take home to experiment!

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,