View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 02:04 AM   #48
Rev7
I'm a Mage

Current Game: CoD 5 WaW; Skate 2
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
I'm not sure how relevant to the current discussion this is, but, if we have such advanced aircraft, and we also have un-manned aircraft, is that not a wiser choice for wars?
We are using UAVs. More or less for recon, although I think that they can be armed with precision bombs now.

I don't think that we should ever stop using manned aircraft for warfare. The people that fly these aircraft have dedicated their lives to understanding and using their aircraft, and there just has to be that human factor. You have to actually be there to fully grasp what the situation is. Yes, it is dangerous, and I am sorry if I sound cold while saying this, but these brave men and women willingly signed up for what they do and I am sure that they are aware of the dangers involves. There should always be that human factor, not just program a UAV into doing something specific. Their programming will get more and more advanced as time goes on until they will not need some, if any, human support. Yes, I think that UAVs are great, but mainly for recon.

Rev7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,