View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #16
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Not sure what I make of it exactly. Wierd. Too wierd.

I think it would have the same quantity of effect as not: There would be a number of people complaining about ignorance to christianity customs if he wore no santa hat; if he wore a santa hat, others would say he's only being phony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor_Kaine View Post
From what's been written about it, it's not too inflammatory, but they may have only picked out the best parts.
Hence part of the reason I decided not to go into journalism and TV production. No objectivity. It's all sugar coated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
If it is truly sincere, then I can't see how it is anything but a progressive step. As long as there is no particular racial or political propaganda, I have no problem with it. Surely any (sincerely) peaceful message is good?
IFF it is genuine. If not...well, the cynics would be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
I do not agree with many of Iran's policies (if any), but in the current climate any attempt to defuse animosity should be welcomed, in my opinion.

All the same, I'll stick with Her Majesty's speech!
I'll relax my adrenaline, but it's one of those sorts of situations where you still keep your eyes sharp, and your stance ready. Nobody knows whether diffusion is genuine or if it is merely a distraction so they can catch you off guard. Yes, I am one cynical mo-fo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
No, no I think Mr. Ahmadinejad is quite rational. That's what makes people like him so worrying - they know exactly what they're doing. And they aren't that removed from you or me. The only difference is that they act on their capacity for evil...
He can lie and still look you in the eye. No flinch.
Agreed! I like the way you think! It's the sane evil ones to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth InSidious View Post
In theory, yes. In practice, it's a cheap attempt to grab ratings by being "controversial". Much like their voyeurism series on the severely disabled.
OH, you mean like Eminem?

Voyeurism + severely disabled?! I'm not sure I like the sound of THAT...then again, everyone ought to be allowed to get theirs on at some point I suppose. Still, that's just creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Source; http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5394204.ece

-- I love how he seems to of missed that the above would include his own government, far more than any others
Which makes me think it is all a stunt. Still, strange stuff does happen. I HOPE it's for real.

If he has nothing to fear at a time of reckoning I guess it's all good. OR at least he has balls 'o' steel.

Quote:
True, but remember, we're not bashing him .
Oh darn!
Quote:
He's portrayed as crazy over here too, but in every TV interview i've seen he's nothing short of polite, and honest.
---
I'm hoping his message is first step to better relations with the rest of the world, but i'm also a pessimist, so I doubt it'll do much.
Meaning what?
---
I hope so too. I'm a realist, not a pessimist, but I do agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac7142 View Post
that sounds truly electrifying.
at least if you watch ahmadinejad's speech there's a chance of him going off about something or another which could be somewhat more amusing than an ancient woman with an oversized crown on her head that looks like it's about to crush her ramble on.
Yeh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
With Hanukkah coinciding with Christmas this year, I think this channel's choice of Ahmadinejad to give the alternative message was in very poor taste. I hope he doesn't say something horribly anti-Semitic.
...OY! Poor indeed. All the more aggravating given I have jewish friends and family--heritage roots. Though religiously I'm not a jew.

I'm debating whether to watch live or not. It might only drag things down.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is online now   you may: quote & reply,