View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #61
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
Why not? At least the so-called "Obamaniacs" would still love him. After all, the Bush fanboys still seem to love him even after he condoned such inhumane acts as waterboarding.
Actually, quite a few of us stopped liking him for that reason. I defend him where (I feel) he deserves defense. But as for liking him, I stopped liking him a while back. I dunno, maybe I'm not so much a Bush fanboy as I thought. Heck if the Dems weren't playing the tax cut roll back card I would probably have voted for them. I have a hard time voting for anyone that says they will increase my taxes.

At any rate, I think you'd find that should one of those persons get released and perform a terrorist act, it would be very damaging for the Dems in general. Actually it would be damaging to the whole "Close Gitmo" cause in general, and anyone in favor of it(which is admittedly mostly Dem, but also many Reps as well). Then again, there is the old quote by Ben Franklin,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,