Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverNight View Post
See Below.

I think you missed something:

Source is the same as the first time I quoted the Convention.

Since Terrorists do not "conduct their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war" then they AREN'T covered by the convention.

As for this being covered under the UCMJ, well I think the people this would affect would really dislike that turn of events, it's much more flexible in how stuff is done -more under the "Crime Control" model of a justice system- than the US Justice System proper....

But, if that's how they are wanting to be treated -like soldiers- than I'm more than happy to oblige them, assuming that they live up to their end of the bargain. You know, actually act like soldiers.
I think you're kind of missing the point. They may not fit into the definition of a soldier, but that doesn't mean they should be tortured since a) torture only serves to bring the U.S. down to the level people like Osama bin Laden say we are on, inciting more to become terrorists; b) torture has been proven to be an ineffective interrogation technique; and c) it isn't the Dark Ages.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: quote & reply,