View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #78
Commander Obi-Wan
Gold Standard

Current Game: BioShock 2
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
I've got an uncle in Edmonton that made me swear when I was like 5 that I'd never root for anyone over the Oilers. I was free to cheer for other teams, as long as they weren't playing Edmonton.
Haha. Well, the Oilers did win tonight. And so did the Canadian juniors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
My NHL 09 BAP is an offensive D-man on the Oilers top defensive pair. I've played every game of the season (nothing shorter than 10 minute periods) and we're currently ahead 2-0 in the Stanley Cup finals over the Leafs. Yes, the Leafs made the Cup finals... They have that superstar Make-A-Wish kid goaltender because I didn't know about her (and thus didn't nerf her friggin stats) until I was already 30 games into the season.
Before I received the delightful red-ring of death, I was, also, an offensive D-man in my fourth year. I won the cup with Atlanta in my second year and San Jose (i think) in my third year. I won the Norris trophy in my third year with 35 goals and 96 points. That's playing about 50 of the 82 games (usually 5 minute periods) during the regular season. Now, when I was last playing, I think I was with the Avs.

Commander Obi-Wan is offline   you may: