View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #144
edlib
Close to the Edge

Current Game: DiRT 3; Forza 4
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Really productive day at work yesterday. Got a lot of really important maintenance projects finally wrapped up... and had a really good long lunch to boot!

We made a lot of changes that should make things easier and more efficient in the long run. Whoo-Hoo!

Also had a meeting about me becoming the webmaster of the division's intranet page. The changes they want to make in the short term sound easy. The long term goals sound super ambitious. Hmmm...

Slipped on a set of stairs carrying a box down from an upper deck. Bruised the crap out of my arm. Blah.

That's going to suck when I have to tackle the shoveling tomorrow. More snow tonight... and a ****-load of it too.
Hooray...

Went out with a bunch of co-workers to a great barbecue place in Brookline last night. It was a good time... though the place is so popular and hopping on a Friday night that it took us over an hour just to get a table.

(The food is TOTALLY worth it, though! I also have it on good authority that the beer selection is too...)

Have a couple of errands to take care of this afternoon... then I HAVE to start on that cellar room this weekend. Not having that space to use has been driving me batty.

And as far as my romantic travails:

Zarg:
I don't drink, and I've never been interested in quick, meaningless hook-ups. So really, the bar scene just isn't for me.
Not that I haven't tried it, too... way back in the ancient past. Hated it... and really had no better luck there than anywhere else anyway.

Plus, there's now the additional complication of sharing a pretty small house with my elderly mom. Coming back to my place with someone I just met isn't really much of an option these days...

I have decided that I'm going to do my best to not think about it for the first quarter of this year. 3 months. Seems a good period of time to try to get my mind back in order.

After that, I'll reassess as to whether or not I really want to continue along that path or not.

Native XWA.Netter (Nutter?)
edlib is online now   you may: