View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #465
Char Ell
Force Enlightened

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Folder extraordinaire Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
Ive been beta testing for htpc functionality since pre-beta and am down for DX testing later. For general stuff though, I dont think the average user will notice much of difference from vista in this public beta. A lot of cynical(and possibly correct) types are saying W7 is 'vista how it should have been'
I've been thinking about putting together an HTPC but figured I would wait for Windows 7 Media Center Edition.
I think I'll buy another hard drive and install Windows 7 64-bit beta as a dual-boot on my existing PC. I'll have to see how my Pentium 4 runs it. I'm kind of surprised that Windows 7 will still have a 32-bit version but maybe native 32-bit support will stop with Windows 8.

Quote:
Contrary to what others around the interwebs(including MS sources) have intermittently stated, W7 does not sport a spankin new kernel, just a tweaked, revised 6.0(now 6.1) Which makes me wonder why they call it W7
Is this where I say lolz? And was that a rhetorical question? Sounds like Windows 7 is shaping up to be like Windows XP was to Windows 2000.

Quote:
In other news, the GTX 285 and 295 were officially released today. Ok nvidia, hurry up with the GTX300 already :P
2009 Q4 maybe? I definitely won't upgrade my 9800 GTX+ until the next generation of GPU's is released. The process shrink to 55 nm is great and all but that is why I waited for the 9800 GTX+ (which should have been called a 9850 or 9900 GTX ) so I'm going to wait and see what the next generation has to offer in terms of performance/power consumption. Will AMD go with 45 nm process on their next GPU version? Will NVIDIA go with TSMC's 40 nm process for theirs? Not sure so I guess by the end of this year we'll have a better idea of what to expect.

Want to battle against cancer and other chronic diseases? Join Team LFN!

Char Ell is offline   you may: quote & reply,