Thread: New skeleton
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Psyk0Sith
3D Tech Support

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
XSI should be able to do this, that's what raven used for the game after all. 3D studio max 4.x and 5 can definately do this, later versions im not sure (compatibility issues with the export plugin, i believe it stops at version 8)

The wonky movement could be a result of bone pivot point orientation. I know that 3D max's coordinate system is different from the game's so the same thing is probably happening with XSI. When i made the AT-TE skeleton with 3D max, some of the bones didnt match the orientation in modview. When troubleshooting, i simply rotated the problem bone 90 degrees (in reality i changed it's pivot point) to the left for example, and when modview played back the animation, the orientation was correct.

This was because i created the bone in the improper viewport or simply the pivot point conflict between max and the game. If you can identify a bone that behaves correctly in modview and check its pivot point in XSI you should be able to point out the game's coordinate system difference between both of them.

Psyk0Sith is offline   you may: quote & reply,