View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
JediAthos

Current Game: Defiance
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I couldn't agree with you more about the veteran care. The VA is a mess, and I hope that Pres. Elect Obama will do something about it because the VA seems unwilling to change themselves but that is a different topic

To be honest Avery, I don't blame you based on your account of their recruiting tactics. Even having been in the military I don't approve of stuff like that. I think it's ridiculous, and to the best of my knowledge not all recruiters are like that. Now, on the other hand I didn't join in wartime either. I joined in '97 when, though they were having recruiting problems, there probably wasn't as much pressure on the recruiters as there is now.

It's a perfect example of why I would highly recommend that anyone considering joining talk to someone BESIDES the recruiter before they make their decision. I realize that not everyone has that luxury, but with the internet these days it's a more viable option. I certainly wouldn't have an issue telling my tales about my experience.

"You'll find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

JediAthos is offline   you may: quote & reply,