View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #73
Jeopando
Rookie

Just finished Nelly Cootalot. It was fun. The puzzles were good, the writing was good and it looked amazing. When the graphical style of the game is that clearly defined, the graphics can be made into pure perfection. It's impossible with games that are striving to be photorealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebox View Post
Grabbed Beneath A Steel Sky from Good Old Games. It's... Unique. More in the Sierra style, and the story is depressing. Ominous, to say the least. I find it odd that they juxtapose a dark, hostile environment with "humour".
Beneath A Steel Sky became a kind of an instant classic for me when I first finished it a few years ago. It's not perfect but it has a fantastically strange mood to it. Yeah, ominous is a good word to describe it. Still, it doesn't take itself too seriously and that's just the way I like it. I think the humour balances the darkness and vice versa, to the point of emphasizing both the dark and the humorous side. Like how a candle gives out more light in total darkness. Did that make any sense?
Also, it didn't particularly remind me of Sierra games, but my experience with Sierra is mostly limited to their earlier games. Never been a huge fan of those games.

- The Artist Currently Known As Jeo.
Jeopando is offline   you may: quote & reply,