View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #21
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
And I said 'if it were any other industry'.
Yeah, I heard you the first time. I believe I responded that your assertion wasn't true on the basis that I would feel the same way about any industry for which shooting/killing people would be an occupational hazard.

Quote:
Obviously I also should have added "any other industry except the tobacco industry"....
And police/SWAT? Glad to see that you've decided generalizing was a bad idea.

Quote:
Nope, they aren't really connected, I probably should have added a paragraph break there for clarification of the separation.
Maniputlative then? You don't see anything wrong at all with something that helps to ease the transition from shooting pixel on a screen to shoot people in a battlefield?

Quote:
I've had to testify at an EEOC suit and might end up getting called into another if it ever goes to court, even though I'm not directly involved in either case. There's no way to make HR problems 'fun', though if anyone could, you'd probably be the one who could figure it out.
Yeah, I guess some people see the "problem solving" aspect in things and find it challenging and/or rewarding regardless of whether it's boring old "working with people" or not.

Of course I think people used to find the law pretty dry as well, yet I'm pretty sure there's some flavor of Law & Order on every moment of every day.
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,