View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #14
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwier Zak View Post
Now I don't know all the latest canon and all so treat this as pure speculation but I always believed that the force could not be balanced wile the old jedi order exists. "A prophesy witch misread may be" (Yoda?). When Vader killed the Emperor the balanced was restored because the last living jedi was pure of corruption and he (Luke) could now create a new order.
George Lucas has stated himself several times that the Force is unbalanced while the Sith are alive.

Think of a food diet. To balance your diet you must have good foods to eat. If you mix in some bad ones, you have imbalanced your diet. That is what the Sith were to the Force. It was like they were a cancer that needed to be cured.

Lucas put in the dialogue of Mace Windu and Yoda doubting it so it wasn't something that was set in everybody's mind that it would just happen and that Anakin would have to be the one. That's human nature for people to think independently and doubt things that are really there. Mace and Yoda were having doubts about Anakin at that time (and for good reason) and when you have doubts, you rethink some of your beliefs. Lucas put that realism in there brilliantly.

Mace Windu almost became the Chosen One ironically.

"You were the Chosen One! It was said you would destroy the Sith not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"
-- Obi-Wan Kenobi to Anakin Skywalker on Mustafar

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,