Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
By your argument should we kill people that are unable to move their limbs due to a spinal injury.
I highly doubt that anyone would agree by looking at my words in this thread that this is actually my argument. Please quote the statement I've made saying this.
Please also acknowledge that we agree that it is both ethical and appropriate to utilize embryonic stem cells for research and, ultimately, medicine (which saves
the lives of the very people injured above you fallaciously and inappropriately accuse me of arguing the murder for). This is because:
- We both agree that brainwaves are a sign of personhood.
- Embryonic stem cells come from blastocysts.
- Blastocysts have no brains.
- The lack of a brain is indicative of no brainwaves.
- Brainwaves have never been reported as detected in a blastocyst (again -no brain).
- Thus, the use of embryonic stem cells for research and medicine is appropriate and ethical.
That, my friend, is how to construct a logical argument where the premises end in a conclusion.