View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #113
Volar the Healer
Rookie

Current Game: KotOR & Rebellion
I've no idea why this is even being asked on a game forum...
But, as a scientist, my answer is simple;

1) Adult stem cell research has shown a few sucesses. Embryonic stem cell research has shown none. +1 point adult stem cell research, 0 points embryonic stem cell research

2) Adult stem cell research can be done without any ethical questions. Many people object to embryonic stem cell research for a variety of reason, many of which make sense (or at least merit thought). +1 point adult stem cell research, 0 points embryonic stem cell research

3) Private investors are willing to invest in adult stem cell research. No private investors are willing to invest in embryonic stem cell research. The government does not need to be involved; the market has already decided. +1 point adult stem cell research, 0 points embryonic stem cell research

4) The poster of this web site errs grievously when he says scientists don't object to stem cell research, only religious people do. He is wrong, Wrong, WRONG. I work with several scientists who object to embryonic stem cell research on purely ethical (non-religious) grounds. And, of course, most scientists ARE religious people! The poster's mischaracterization of the discussion only confuses the issue. +1 point adult stem cell research, 0 points embryonic stem cell research

NOW, can we get back to playing Knights of the Old Republic!? I came here to play a game and get away from this for awhile.

Welcome to the forum, please refrain from questioning someone's honesty or integrity.- mimartin

Know Jesus Know Peace
No Jesus No Peace

Last edited by mimartin; 02-03-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Volar the Healer is offline   you may: quote & reply,