View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #115
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volar the Healer View Post
I've no idea why this is even being asked on a game forum...
But, as a scientist, my answer is simple;

1) Adult stem cell research has shown a few sucesses. Embryonic stem cell research has shown none. +1 point adult stem cell research, 0 points embryonic stem cell research

2) Adult stem cell research can be done without any ethical questions. Many people object to embryonic stem cell research for a variety of reason, many of which make sense (or at least merit thought). +1 point adult stem cell research, 0 points embryonic stem cell research

3) Private investors are willing to invest in adult stem cell research. No private investors are willing to invest in embryonic stem cell research. The government does not need to be involved; the market has already decided. +1 point adult stem cell research, 0 points embryonic stem cell research

4) The poster of this web site errs grievously when he says scientists don't object to stem cell research, only religious people do. He is wrong, Wrong, WRONG. I work with several scientists who object to embryonic stem cell research on purely ethical (non-religious) grounds. And, of course, most scientists ARE religious people! The poster's mischaracterization of the discussion only confuses the issue. +1 point adult stem cell research, 0 points embryonic stem cell research

NOW, can we get back to playing Knights of the Old Republic!? I came here to play a game and get away from this for awhile.

Welcome to the forum, please refrain from questioning someone's honesty or integrity.- mimartin

Also, you don't *have* to post or read things here if you want to get way from "this" for a while, so you could just stick to the KotOR section of the forums And welcome to the forums btw, I hope you enjoy your stay here -- j7

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,