View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #27
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
I highly doubt that anyone would agree by looking at my words in this thread that this is actually my argument. Please quote the statement I've made saying this.
Nerve development begins extremely early in development, unless you're saying they are creating these whatever want to call them in a test tube which makes it even more unethical. We're talking about stages in development that there are brain waves, and that is extremely early in development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Please also acknowledge that we agree that it is both ethical and appropriate to utilize embryonic stem cells for research and, ultimately, medicine (which saves the lives of the very people injured above you fallaciously and inappropriately accuse me of arguing the murder for). This is because:
  • We both agree that brainwaves are a sign of personhood.
  • Embryonic stem cells come from blastocysts.
  • Blastocysts have no brains.
  • The lack of a brain is indicative of no brainwaves.
  • Brainwaves have never been reported as detected in a blastocyst (again -no brain).
  • Thus, the use of embryonic stem cells for research and medicine is appropriate and ethical.
And again I'm going to say I don't think it is remotely ethical to create life in order to destroy it in such a fashion. It is devaluing human life and making it a commodity, it isn't needed because you can get cells with the same properties without messing with Embryonic Stem Cells which are called Embryonic for a reason.

That's something the Catholic Church has gotten right, because if we didn't allow fertility clinics, abortions, etc. we wouldn't be having this ethical argument.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,