View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #456
Det. Bart Lasiter
obama.png

Current Game: all
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyan Farlander View Post
Yeah, I have a pretty nice collection. I wonder how much it's worth? Many thousands of dollars, surely. You can actually buy huge sets of the complete Beethoven, complete Mozart, etc., but I like to search for the individual sets I like best. Unfortunately, Amazon offers a lot less audio sample now than they used to. I wonder why?

I have thought about ripping them all. I have a small subset on my hard drive at work as mp3s, but to really do the job right, I'd want to use a non-lossy format.

Does anyone know the most supported non-lossy audio format? Supported in terms of software players across various OSs, and support on portable music players? This could be good for backup purposes, but I'd want to use a very standard format so my data does not become obsolete. I could just use wav files, but the size would be...ridiculous.
FLAC or ALAC. Both of those will give you horrible compression compared to MP3 or another lossy format, and you won't notice any difference between them and good quality MP3 encoding.

"No, Mama. You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty whoever put that hit on you already got the cops in their back pocket." ~Black Dynamite
Det. Bart Lasiter is offline   you may: