View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 AM   #38
Dagobahn Eagle
First Strike Tester

Current Game: First Strike
Treaty of Tripoli:

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, and you do realize that your entire argument is one big Appeal To Tradition, I hope?
So?
So you should consider coming up with something better. It used to be tradition that voting for only for men, should that have been upheld, too?

Quote:
I'm against something like that, and if you open up the definition of marriage...
Why are you still going on about that? I've proven to you that marriage has been ever-changing since its beginning and varies greatly from culture to culture. You still go on about how it should be set in stone.

Quote:
...you open it to legal challenges where something like that would be legal.
What, exactly, do you have in mind? Marrying a terrified 12 year old or having multiple wives (or husbands, for that matter) is certainly nothing like marrying another consenting adult.

Quote:
Again they were operating off of racism, as I pointed out one's skin pigmentation means nothing.
Please demonstrate to me how sexual orientation means anything. You so far have produced appeals to tradition and a dubious slippery slope in which you predict that the conservative and traditional American people will somehow accept child marriages and bigamy just because gays can marry, something I see as, to say the least, incredibly unlikely.

Last edited by Dagobahn Eagle; 02-05-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Dagobahn Eagle is offline   you may: quote & reply,