View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #6
Arcesious
Trolololololololololololo

Current Game: Mass Effect
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Why?
Because not a whole lot of people can reach such a standard, and a lot of people, like me, don't want to set that high of a standard. I'm all for rationality and such though, but I could never keep a promise to be perfect, no one could.

Quote:
What's wrong with that?
Because it's an inconsiderate standard. Not everyone thinks critically all the time, and it's asking too much of a person. To have a society so extremely rational would strip away the personalites of people. Kind of like the Vulcans in Enterprise, with the episodes 'The Forge' and 'Awakening', the results of what could be called 'extreme overmanism' is shown through the struggles the Vulcans have.

Quote:
Arc, perhaps this is a culture difference but in the UK 'wishy-washy' means sat on the fence, not being much, or not wanting to offend - Nietzsche was never any of those things. Have you read; 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra'?
What I meant is that the idea semed so deeply philosphical that it was potentially illogical. Nope, I haven't read the book. What I've seen though seems to suggest a rather... 'extreme' ideology.

Please feed the trolls. XD
Arcesious is offline   you may: quote & reply,