View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #14
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious View Post
What I meant is that the idea semed so deeply philosphical that it was potentially illogical.
Arc, if you're talking about in this line, I'm going to get you a 5-Book deal with the world's biggest publisher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcesious View Post
As for 'deepy philosphical' and 'potentially illogical', what I mean is that it seems to me, IMHO, that if I were to think about some philosphical concepts as deeply as possible, I'd misinterpret what the philosphers that came up with the ideas meant, taking the ideas so far that I don't interpret it the way they were intended to be interpretted.
Here's my ace solution: read the philosophies, don't start thinking them off of Wikipedia entries. Read Thus Spake Zarathustra before you start wondering whether Nietzsche was making sense or not.

Contrary to popular belief, philosophical books aren't written in secret codes and cryptic languages, they're in plain old readable language and completely comprehensible all throughout. Read them, and discuss what the philosophy, the ideals mean with other people (preferably smart people who read philosophy) and that way, I don't think you'd ever misinterpret their words.

Bottomline: Read, gorramit.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,