View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #46
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW01 View Post
Very interesting Astor - I wonder then if there will b dedicated governos of regions rather than simply the highest ranking general there at the time? I'm looking forward to seeing how the democratic system functions in-game too.
Unfortunately, we don't get a view of the 'Governor' tab on that panel, but I would hope so - this was the time when Civilian officials began to take over, and when armed forces answered to them.

Quote:
So far the new features look impressive - mainly this democratic system and the navy. Hope they reveal a bit more before the game comes out.
I'm sure we'll get some more details when the demo comes, out, whenever that may be...

Anways, some more screens:

A view of the campaign map in North America, with General Washington in the center.
Show spoiler

A lone artillerist fights Indians.
Show spoiler

So far, in the screens i've seen, there's been some evolution in uniforms - so i'm hoping they're not going to be static throughout the game - and that we'll go from the decadent uniforms of the early 18th Century to the plainer, more functional ones of the latter half of the century.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,