View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #14
Adavardes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-El View Post
No. I'm proposing that we the people take upon ourselves what others before us have done. We roll up our sleves and get to work. We can open farms again. Open small food stores to sell corn, bread, and wheat. Using the skills we were founded upon will stabilize our nation and make it stronger. Create shops for shoe repair and making. Get where I'm going?

We have to take back the industrial age; however, with a sence of environmental responsibility. Rebuild yesterday with technologies of today.
You have GOT to be kidding me. Do you really think we could agree on that long enough to do anything? This is optimistic at the very best, and realistically would never actually be able to happen. The reason we have so many checks and balances in government, the reason the people are not the direct representatives of themselves, as it was with early greece, is both because our population is too large, and we're pulling in too many ways at once because of it. There's no way you're going to get enough people to go along with your plan and cooperate with you to make it work.

You need the government, housing our elected representatives, which are smaller in number, and pull in fewer ways, to achieve anything.

It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.
Adavardes is offline   you may: quote & reply,