View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 06:56 AM   #20
True_Avery
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
If God doesn't exist, and/or we remove God from public life. Who gives us our human rights?
The voting booth. You imaginary friend has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Here is the thing in the Declaration of Independence it states that God gives us our rights.
DoI is secular. Get your facts right.

It may say "god" in it, but it also states separation of church and state. Stop forgetting that fact.

Quote:
If you remove God, then who gives us our rights, the Government?
You and your vote does.

Stop separating people from government. They are the same thing. You are government as much as a senator is. Your vote determines if some people get rights while others don't.

Gay marriage for example.

Quote:
If government gives us our rights then how can we guarentee government can't take those rights away?
Vote them out of office.

This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ironic coming from someone who thinks I shouldn't have the right to marry. It just makes you a hypocrite once again.

"God" isn't taking it from me. People with a religious "agenda" take it away.

Technically, yes, you imaginary friend does come into play. But only because the religious believe their friend exists and is telling them to vote that way.

I do not have an imaginary friend, neither do I have yours. So, until you conclusively prove the existence of a god and the proof that your religion is right...

Keep your god out of my politics.

Quote:
It's an argument I heard about that's quite scary if you look at the left-wing agenda.
Your religious ideals are an agenda as much as the so called "left-wing" agenda.

I always find it amusing that the religious people with an agenda are the first people to call another group on an agenda

Stop being a hypocrite. This country does not work on your misguided fairy tales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
The writers of the Constitution were also highly religious people, while you can argue the Constitution is a secular document, you cannot argue that the writers were atheists.
They were not. They tried their hardest to get away from a country that was religious controlled. Why in the world would they set up a brand new country in which the religious ruled?

They may have believed in god, but they believed in a secular government. Thus why the papers exist.
True_Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,