View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #19
zakske
Rookie

I would like to say thank you for the link to the translation of "Also Sprach Zarathustra", I'm learning about Nietzsche at school and I'm very interested about it .

I do want to say, from what I know (from what I've heard at school that is, so please correct me if I'm wrong), that his theory doesn't give much hope to people who are in need of help... From what I know, N. says helping someone or showing compassion is one of the worst things you can do.

I may have said this very simplistic, and again, please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sorry if this is the case...

Also, people complain about Hitler and the Nazi party abusing the "Übermensch" idea (I agree about the Holocaust being a terrible fact), but I don't see how they are abusing it, isn't everything in life, according to Nietzsche, about striving to power, about the need to rule... Isn't that what makes someone into an "Übermensch".

I'm sorry if I'm not very clear in my explanations, but I'm just confused about these ideas, and I feel like I'm seeing it wrong, so if anyone could explain it some more, I would be grateful.

Thank you

Last edited by zakske; 02-12-2009 at 04:15 PM.
zakske is offline   you may: quote & reply,