View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #20
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
WHAT THE F***?!

THAT is just messed up wrong. It doesn't get too much more messed up than that. --To think I knew peers who would actually joke about this very thing.

Quite sobering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
Well, i'm sure everyone in the UK has heard about this. I have to say I was shocked by this story - I really didn't think that things were this bad regarding sex education and awareness.

What is perhaps even more shocking, is that the parents of both children involved seem to think it's a perfectly normal occurence for a 12 and 15 year old:

There's no way on Earth either of them could fully understand the implications of having a child, and it's doubtful that the boy knew exactly what he was getting into.

Now it seems that they've both cut their childhood short for something most people in their 20s would think twice about doing.

Thoughts?
That is some F***ed up BULL****.

What is obvious here is failure on all fronts on all levels. Not the least of which are the parents (EDIT: of the teen parents) as evidenced by their sentiment on the issue.

At the very least I believe this to be either a case resulting from sexual abuse or negligence...probably a combination of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Onasi View Post
Kids who are sexually active at this young of an age have a significant probability of having been abused themselves. There's far more to this story, most likely, than appears here.
I most definitely agree with you on this, Jae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
Holy hell. This is absurd.

_EW_
You sure said it, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
TBH, I'm not "shocked" per se, amused, perhaps. Teenage pregnancies happen all the time, as do pre-teenage pregnancies, probably not in the UK though, but you'll see them all around Africa.

Don't see why everyone's getting so shocked about the boy's proclamation that he will take care of the baby. It's not like he's living out on the streets of a foreign country now, he'll do fine: he has his parents and his erm, the baby's mom. There was no other option after she got pregnant, and hence his perfectly cool reaction that he'll take care of the kid and they'll raise him. Does the boy have issues? I'll say that he won't be humping anyone anytime soon, neither will the mom.

Though I can imagine how freaked out that baby will be when it learns its dad was 13 when he had sex with his 15 year old mom.
Just because this is a natural/regular occurrence amongst animals does not mean it is right for humans. Even in poorer continents. Oh sure I understand why it happens, but still. This is not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
Or they'll be going at it like rabbits whenever they get the chance.
Oy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor Kaine View Post
It gets worse. Today's papers are filled with the story that the father of the child could be one of up to eight similarly aged boys.

I'll try and the story, but it's just shocking.
No $***? This just keeps getting better and better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Skywalker View Post
Words cannot express the weirdness of this situation. The kid looks like a 9-year old, when i'm actually only one year older than him.
Wierdness doesn't even begin to describe this...Faux Pas is a more adequate starting point I'd say--and even that doesn't do it justice.

What next, bears chugging cheap vodka on street corners and lighting joints in our hot tubs while we're gone?!

Oh wait that is already happening sort of. I guess this world is on its way to hell in a handbasket.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is online now   you may: quote & reply,