View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 05:35 PM   #14
Adavardes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former View Post
Okay, serious business for a moment...

Adavardes, I can understand how the bitterness of high school has made you so distrustful of social groups and being in a position of being on the outside looking in. It's not a fun place to be in

However, such experiences can also colour your view and you begin to see the fears you had in high school being echoed in anything you might find to be similar.

Yes, there are may social groups around LF and yes the staff are part of those different groups... however it's not one big elite group of super friends who go around acting tough and waving their e-penis' around. It realy is just a network of different small overlapping groups who of people who may or may not know each other.

For example, I know many of the people, both members and staff who frequent Ahto, however, it's pretty obvious that a lot of the people who are part of the group you have a problem with at the moment don't know me. Hell, I wasn't even named as one of the people in the opening post of that thread... that's because despite my 1999 join date and the amount of posts I have in Ahto, not everyone knows who I am... and I'm perfectly fine with being the one on the outside looking in and not getting any of the jokes the people on the inside are making.

I mean, everytime they say something that they think is funny but I don't, I figure "heh, guess you had to be there"...

I'm not going to give you advice on making friends here, you can make as many or as few friends as you want around LF... just letting you know that it's not some club where only the small few get special service and strippers in the back room.
Yeah, I'm not buying that my judgment is flawed here. I've seen clear and present examples of why this entire forum is unjustly biased for whoever is in the group of tight-knit friends that can do no wrong, and that list was a perfect case of it occuring once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffe
You can never please everyone.
My solution to that is don't make a list that you know is going to upset a large majority of people so that you can have a circle-jerk with your friends on a forum.

It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built.
Adavardes is offline   you may: