View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #29
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adavardes View Post
You can show that favouritism privately, on your own time, in your personal profile conversations, via private message, or on an instant messenger. This was done in a way that excluded anyone else on a public forum, raising themselves above the others, and I'm tired of having this simplified when it's by no means an innocent thing.
Am I seriously not allowed to have specific profile conversations with people? I assure you, that while my conversation with Space Alex maybe very long, and he is a friend, that if he breaks forum rules I will treat him the same as anyone else (though I know him well enough to know he won't break rules). I aim to moderate everyone the same. I would argue that private IM conversations with friends are irrelevant to a forum - does my love life belong in forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adavardes View Post
@jonathan:

Darth Insidious' empire, I think.
DI is a friend, however I'm no part of his (alleged) empire, and if he breaks the rules, I would deal with him the same as anyone else. Unfortunately it is a fact of life that if people spend time together, people will form into groups of friends, I'm unsure how exactly we can change this. There are perhaps cliques, and I may not like that, but in truth, there is little I can do to change that.

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: