View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #39
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
Like I said in Ahto, I'm perfectly willing to ignore it, but that's very hard to do while my nose is being rubbed in it.

Who's on First?
I remember when the election thread was on and I went in and read the posts... I had no idea what the hell was going on because I'm pretty much an outsider... but I've been around long enough to know that it's just a group of people having their fun. I've done it elsewhere and so I thought "heh, I don't get any of it, but I'll let them have their fun"

Did I feel left out? No. I don't expect everything in this forum to make sense to me. For example, I don't visit any of the forums on the Original Titles side of LF because I feel that that place is so damn different from the Star Wars side that I won't know what the hell is going on. I could feel left out, stomp my feet and complain all day long about it, but it's cool. Every forum has their different feel, their different groups, their own little jokes.

When you do witness these kinds of things, it really isn't a case of those groups rubbing it in others faces. They're really just doing it for the lulz. If I'm not mentioned in one of their silly little threads, I'm perfectly fine with it, it's not as if they did mention me and say "Lynk Former is a f***ing moron and shouldn't be in Ahto, I say we harass him till he leaves of one of our mighty mod friends takes away his supermod position and bans him"... etc...

This place is huge... HUGE... HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! HUEG LIKE XBOX!... and as a result not everyone is going to be happy with how things are handled ever.

I've been here for 10 years. There's never a dull day, there's always a complaint about something, hell... I even left the staff at one point because I got so sick of some of the things around here... but then I realised, you can either chuck a hissy-fit, stomp your feet and cry, or you can just get over it and accept that this place has flaws... just like every other place on the net and every other circumstance that involves any kind of social groupings.

Lynk Former is offline   you may: