View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
If I have in any way contributed to this over the past several months (and I believe that I have), then I am truly sorry.[/b]
I second that - if i've contributed to any of the problems, then I'll apologise now.

Quote:
if anyone really does want me gone, here's your chance.
I have no problems with anyone (as far as i'm aware), and would hate to see someone such as yourself leave.

Quote:
1) Kavar's:
It was a noble experiment, but I agree with Darth InSidious' assessment that it was doomed to failure from the very beginning and has acted as a sort of cancer, with arguments and agendas spreading to Ahto and beyond. Various treatments have been applied to little or no effect and the only real solution left is for the KotOR forum to undergo radical surgery to have Kavar's permanently removed. Any and all political discussion (and agendas) should be relegated to the Senate Chambers, which has successfully existed for years without having the effect of poisoning the rest of the forum. I give credit to the Swampies for this, because they don't want and won't stand for that crap polluting their little corner of LF, and really: who can blame them
A few months ago, I likely would have disagreed, but now, I share the sentiment. The sniping and heightened feelings that often take place there have started to spill over into other areas of KOTOR - and, while it appears to have died down, it did make me want to leave for a time as well.

Quote:
2) Post editing, snipping and deletions:
I'm on the fence with this - I can understand both sides, but it's not something that overly bothers me much.

Quote:
3) Staff meetings and decision-making:
Should be open to the public and subject to oversight and input by all forum members.
That sounds like a reasonable idea.

Quote:
4) Promotions and demotions:
Should be decided upon by all forum members.
Not sure about that - I can see the benefits, and it would certainly dispel any notions of favoritism.

Quote:
I welcome everyone to come forward and put forth their ideas in a civilized manner.
Duly Noted.

Astor is offline   you may: