View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #32
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Disclaimer, these opinions entirely represent me, and not the rest of the Staff nor Lucas Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qliveur View Post
I will then admit to myself that the situation is indeed hopeless and quit the forum, so if anyone really does want me gone, here's your chance.
The only reason I am replying to this tread is because I do not want this to happen. Normally I’d take this to PM, but since you seem to want things publically stated I will post it here.

Quote:
[ 1) Kavar's:
The only reason I’m still around here is because of Kavar. If Kavar goes, I will most likely be gone too. Not because I would be angry with Kavar’s closure, but there would be no point for me hanging around here. I’ve enjoyed Kavar existence and even though my post count as gone down in Kavar since my promotion, that has nothing to do with my feelings towards Kavar. It has do to me being uncomfortable moderating a thread that I have posted in. This is not an indictment of any moderator doing their moderating duty in a thread they posted in, it only has to do with me not being comfortable doing it. This also does not mean I will not do it in the future if the need arises and I cannot find a member of the staff to correct a situation.

Quote:
2) Post editing, snipping and deletions:
Totally disagree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules of Kavar
Moderators will edit or delete posts as they see fit to enforce these rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum rules and guidelines
The staff reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason deemed necessary.
I think long and hard before I delete anything. I look really hard to make sure I'm not misinterpreting the meaning of the post. I soft delete everything so that another member of the staff can verify if my decision was correct or not. We also have discussions by IM and PM. If I hand out a warning or infraction there is a system in place to view and evaluate that decision by the entire staff. On a personal note, I will listen to anyone and reevaluate any decision I've made. I know I am human and I know I make mistakes. I don’t want to give infractions, edit or delete post, but that is a hazard of the job.

Quote:
a) To dispel impressions, be they real or imagined, of favoritism, censorship, the destroying of evidence and the sweeping of unpleasantries under the rug.
This one annoys me and I take it as a personal insult for reason you have no way of knowing about. However, if anyone ever see me showing favoritism toward anyone, please point it out.

Quote:
b) To enforce permanent accountability on any and all posters, including staff, by preventing the exploitation of the current policy of snipping and deleting flames and other forms of asshattery by depending upon it to cover their tracks. This should make anyone think twice before posting because once it's there, it's there for good and for all to see and use for future reference.
Already covered this with two excerpts from Kavar and the forum rules. I would suggest everyone read and follow the rules and there will be no need to delete, edit or snip post.

Quote:
3) Staff meetings and decision-making:
Should be open to the public and subject to oversight and input by all forum members.
No, there is no reason for anyone to know what disciplinary action is taken against another member. If that member wants you to know, they can tell you.

Quote:
4) Promotions and demotions:
Should be decided upon by all forum members.
I’m unclear on what the procedure is now. However, I don’t believe in letting the inmates run the asylum.

I still have no clue on why I was chosen in Kavar. After all, my best friend on the forum is someone that some consider a troublemaker. I sometime feel like whoever is in charge made a terrible mistake. I was asked, I talked to “that friend” about it and was about to turn it down. For some reason I love the insanity that is known as Kavar, so I decided to accept the offer for one cookie a week. Really I agreed so that I could try to give something back to the community I love.

Qliveur I a moderator of Kavar, if you have a problem with Kavar you can always PM me. I don’t want to lose you or anyone else as a member. Even though we have not always agreed politically, I do respect your opinion.

Last edited by mimartin; 02-19-2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: spelling
mimartin is offline   you may: