View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #47
GarfieldJL
Banned

Okay first of all I don't think Kavar's should be closed, however there is a major problem at Lucas Forums.

I have found that there is blatent partisanship and a double standard on these forums, I have documented it and kept a record of some of the conversations back and forth via e-mail.

First of all, one of the mods even admitted that most of the modded posts on Kavar's was from people flaming, flamebaiting, with me specifically being the target of those flamebaits and flames. Seriously, if I don't still have it on my PM inventory I have saved copies in my e-mail. Did those people get punished, generally no unless it was a slap on the wrist, on the flipside I've taken a lot of sanctions for finally retailiating because I had had enough.

Quite frankly, with respect to Darth333's comments I couldn't disagree with him more about the modship at Kavar's or most of Lucasforums. If you aren't in a particular clique you can typically expect to be treated like garbage, and I would liken my treatment here to cyber-bullying and harassment. I'm not blaming Darth333, because I know he is honest and he's had to step in a few times over this.

Yes I know I can be irritating, yes I know I have a strong personality, and if I feel really strongly about something I'll stay on it like a bulldog on a bone. But that does not give people the right to flamebait me, outright flame me, threaten me (which one of the staff here has done), etc.

I'm not out to point fingers, but there is a problem and some of the worst offenders are the ones denying that it exists.

I have seen a lot of the posts where I've been flamed and then it is swept under the rug and people act like they have no clue why I'm angry, well I usually have seen the flamebaits before the mods had done anything, and quite frankly I've lost confidence in several members of the staff here, that reporting those individuals would do anything.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: