Thread: [NSW-Fic] The Squad
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
Bee Hoon
ngom ngom ngom

Forum Veteran Veteran Fan Fic Author LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Ah, forgot to ask in my previous post...if magic was sealed off, how did the remaining ones conceal their appearances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli
Then it happened. The parish priest at St Patrick’s cathedral had always been a gentle man, and when he woke up after a long night, he might have thought his dreams had come true as angel wings spread. He’d found he could conceal them, but he didn’t when that second plane struck.

On the news cameras you can still see it. Two building gushing flame and smoke, then everything reversed. First one plane then another came back out of the buildings.

I wonder how many would have died if he hadn’t intervened.
He reversed time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli
“No. Caffeine has an odd effect on your race.” I replied. “We have them in the cells every night. Either it hits like cocaine, or like heroin, sometimes even like alcohol.” He set the cup down, pouring some water over a tea bag, then reached for a muffin. “The same goes for chocolate.”
Odd that Brachian didn't already know this.

I particularly liked the encounter between the desk sergeant and the "kitty cat" Lilith as a demon's name? Hardly surprising, yet she sounds like an interesting character. What are demons/devils like in this universe? If they are still typically evil, why would Asmodeus (which always makes me think of Dev!) kill the terrorists?

Otehrwise, a very good chapter! I am really enjoying this story

The sun goes down and the sky reddens, pain grows sharp.
light dwindles. Then is evening
when jasmine flowers open, the deluded say.
But evening is the great brightening dawn
when crested cocks crow all through the tall city
and evening is the whole day
for those without their lovers

-Kuruntokai 234, translated by A.K. Ramanujan

[Fic] Shreds of a Dying Belief
Bee Hoon is offline   you may: quote & reply,