View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #22
Kj°len
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adavardes View Post
Not so. I just wish for him to recieve the punishments I and others have recieved, which have often been public. If it is there prerogative to handle punishments publically, then it is my personal opinion that all members, regardless of staff status, should recieve similar punishment. Again, this is my personal opinion on a formal complaint expressing a lack of justice, in my eyes, with one member of staff.

If someone can show me that I am wrong, and that he has been punished appropriately, I'll withdraw my statement.
By public punishment, do you mean you've been told off by a staff member for the content of your posts? Because anyone can (and does) do that. There's also no way to make deletion or posts, thread closes, and content editing private, though.

EDIT: A close friend of mine, Wacky_Baccy, has asked me to post this on his behalf:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacky_Baccy
At last. Adavardes, I really want to thank you so much for all the effort and time you've put into compiling and framing this thread. It must have taken you a very long time, and I hope that didn't cause you too little inconvenience. It's about time that someone stood up to ask why this flagrant abuse of power has gone on unchecked for so long. It seems that everywhere you look these days, those in power are protecting their own, and nothing we say or do has any effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adavardes
1. Has Niner ever flamed you openly, and if so, how many times did he do so?
Oh, good heavens, yes. I can't even begin to count the number of times that I've had eyebrow-removing incendiaries hurled at me by Rouge Nine, for no apparent reason whatsoever, with nothing ever being done about it. Some of them had me in tears, but the few times I reported anything, nothing was ever done, and he was left free to continue. This has been happening on and off for at least the past four years, and likely longer, although I'd have to search for anything further back than that. Needless to say, this type of behaviour from Rouge_Nine is nothing new, and I have personally seen many people suffer directly or indirectly from his sexist, homophobic, and racist attitudes and behaviour.

Quote:
2. Was he disciplined in a way that you could see for this flaming?
I can honestly say that I've never seen him officially reprimanded on these forums, all the way since I joined in 2001. Howerver, there was this one time that I and a German associate of mine with certain... skills (best not talked about; she learned the from her grandfather) decided to take things into our own hands, and -- let me tell you -- Rouge_Nine did not forget that particular chastisement in a hurry. He squealed like a little girl during the procedure, and I'm sure he remembers it to this very day. Thankfully, there were only two witnesses, and we were able to buy their silence with chocolate-coated toffees (seriously. Don't ask, I don't know). Unfortunately, my associate's only SS uniform was at the cleaners, and the effect of her riding crop was unfortunately much diminished without the crisply tailored uniform to back it up. I'm sure we got our points across, though.

Quote:
3. How long ago was the first offense against you made, and how long ago was disciplinary action taken?
I guess by now it must be coming up on about six years, so it would definitely be a case of abuse against a minor by an adult. He has a sick and deranged mind, and frequently spews racist, homophobic, and sexist remarks, and makes lewd advances towards underage users of both sexes. I'm not quite sure how I'd explain his abuse of me by pointing on a doll, though, as they tend to be anatomically lacking for the kinds of things he made me suffer.

As I mentioned, his vituperative outbursts frequently cost me my eyebrows, so I eventually resigned myself to painting them on, but you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a skin-friendly, non-flammable paint around here. The amount I've had to spend on moisturisers and coverup to reduce the effect of the paint has all but bankrupt me, so I'm strongly considering suing him for years of mental, emotional, and financial damage. I hear he has connections with powerful lawyers, though, so I'm steeling myself for a long, hard battle, which I realise that, through the injustices of the system and the tendency of those in power to "look after their own", I might never win.

Adavardes, your post has given me renewed hope and faith that this dangerous and abusive person might finally be brought to justice, and you have my most sincere gratutude for posting this, so that things that have needed to be said for a very long time could finally be put out in the open.

"Kj°len is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kj°len

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kj°len is offline   you may: