View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #45
Web Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
Normally I would not ask you to provide a source, but as this is Kavar's, errm, would you mind doing us the honor? Regarding responsibilities, especially.
Doesn't have to be perfect, but I think that this is quite relevant.
Then whatever you can find on genetically engineered/chemically/hormonally treated food as a secondary.

It will be interesting to see what causes actually factored into this.
More responsibilities should not be confused with giving them more responsibility. One is the giving of tasks to do and complete that require a higher level of responsibility, which is the ability to complete said tasks without screwing around.

In short, it is only from my personal observations that I THINK we're giving kids more to deal with, but not imparting upon them the skills to deal with it. I THINK this is because many lax parents today attempt to prove their quality as a parent through how many "adult" tasks their child can complete. It is personal observation and nothing more.

Hormones, that's pretty easy to find.

Quote:
Some experts, such as D. Lindsey Berkson, author of Hormone Deception (Contemporary Books, 2000), worry that hormones in the food supply could be at least partly responsible for early puberty. The average age for a girl’s first period is now between 12.5 to 12.9 for white girls and around 12.2 for black girls, younger than at the turn of the century, though by how much is not known conclusively. However, at this point, a link between hormones and early puberty has not been established by researchers.
from: http://www.checnet.org/healthehouse/...sp?Main_ID=127

Though I will insert my agenda on equal sex rights, I think the effects of these hormones on men and boys are largely being ignored. Most articles I read talk about the effects on girls.

"So if you go to Washington, it's buildings clean and nice. Bring a pack of matches...and we'll burn the White House twice!"

"Nobody's talking about extermination. No one ever does. They just do it." - Magneto

"Don't solicit for your sister, that's not nice, unless you get a good percentage of her price."
Web Rider is offline   you may: quote & reply,