View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #44
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
Would I care to explain irrelevant links to irrelevant and frivolous lawsuits? Sure. The explanation is that the plaintiffs are possibly just crybabies. The fact that some whiny individuals are so full of themselves that the institutions of higher learning aren't tolerant of their ignorance is laughable. In fact, I'd like to thank you for the links, I haven't had a good laugh like this in a while!
Or you're just dismissing them because they show your sources to be the frauds they are.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
hehe... you clearly didn't read your own "sources" (scare quotes intentional). At least two are the same case and another might be the same frivolous case you link to later in this post.
Possibly but these were what I just skimmed through in about 30 seconds as I said, they are not frivalous lawsuits though. And I hate to break it to you, but San Fran is more the lunatic city.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Ha! I did! Thanks!
Then you'll admit at least on of your sources is being sued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Uh. Nope. I can dis Allah and Muhammad all day long and there would be no threat of law suit. Indeed, Islam is just as much a superstition as Christianity -cult followers of both allow irrational thought to cloud reason.
Actually the way the politically correct groups are it could be classified as a hate crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Please. Get my assertions correct. "[U]neducated" implies a lack of education. What I'm asserting is just what I said: the lower an IQ is the more likely to be conservative and, apparently, religious. The data are clear and empirical but instead of dealing with data sets you choose to create straw man arguments. You're arguing with fallacious reasoning rather than critical thought, demonstrating my assertion with every single post. Good work.
You know that's the same kind of garbage the Nazis used to justify their treatment of Russians, Jewish People, etc. That they were somehow less intelligent subhuman. I notice scary parallels to what I learned in my World War II history class to what you've been saying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Actually, anyone of sound and reasoned mind would likely ignore these "sources" you've cited. Two are of a disgruntled former student who didn't get hired by the university. Duh. Lots of people don't get hired. She'll get over it. Link to us the article that announces a judge and/or jury sided with the plaintiff on this one, buddy. Two of the others are in regards to superstitious and backwards high schools and educators upset because real institutions of learning are not willing to allow credit for learning mythology and claiming it to be science. Duh. Hats off to the California universities. Anyone who transfers from so-called christian colleges where that nonsense is taught also shouldn't get transfer credits and also be required to take remedial coursework to get up to speed.
No you're advocating discrimination and your own statements prove it, because they don't require the same thing for Muslim students for whom creationism is also taught, face the facts you just shot your own argument to pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
So, again, you've made my point for me. If anyone doubted the challenges of religious conservatives to educate themselves, you've helped clarify it.
Explains why it was conservative Republicans that backed President Johnson on the Civil Rights laws while Liberal Democrats were member of the KKK. And you can't argue with the truth there as Tommycat brought up. Seriously, I find it interesting that Liberals (in general) tend to be advocates of free speech until that speech is something contrary to their views then they berate, insult, flame, commit charecter assassination, and attempt to silence opposition.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
No. I'm not wondering that at all. Your core beliefs and preconceived notions are being challenged by my words. I question the very conclusions you accept blindly and without question. Conclusions to which you consider only that data which are supportive. To someone like you, words like mine are very clearly "flamebait." In the context of this forum and the topics being questioned, discussed, and debated, however, they are not. Discourse in this area could not proceed without these words.
SkinWalker, don't try to lecture to someone that actually had to take their CITI Certification to actually conduct research, because you clearly don't know what you're talking about and the track records of intellectual dishonesty.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Stephen Hawking's "god" -he's often misquoted by under-educated believers (please note that "under" is not synonymous with "un").
Read a A Case for Faith and A Case for Christ and btw Jesus did exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Mark Twain also said, "Faith is believing in that which you know ain't so." Do you really want to go head-to-head with quoting atheists and non-religious with me regarding the superstitions of religion.
It takes just as much faith to believe God doesn't exist as to believe he does, and I think there is a reason people of faith aren't as maniac depressive as people who don't believe in God. Because they find purpose in their life.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
This is an argument from ignorance. You're not an atheist, so you have no idea what atheists believe. I was once a theist -raised in a culture that gave a priori acceptance of the god myth. I can honestly say that my life has great purpose: to live; to love; to leave a legacy. I enjoy living today. I don't torment myself over what might be in some alleged and speculative afterlife that can never be known -I live for now and to make the world a better place for my descendants and my neighbors, which includes you.
You sure aren't showing it, all I've seen from you is arrogance that you know what's best garbage when you don't. I want to leave a legacy too, but I also believe in life having a point, and that there is a something to cling to when things are going poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Hey, it wasn't *my* study. The data are available for you to look at. Perhaps religious conservatives are more charitable because they seek status among their peers and find it through public displays of piety. Personally, I don't care what the means are, the ends are enough. If you think your god wants you to feed the homeless and provide drug counseling to teens, knock yourself out -just don't require these people to convert to your superstition or I'm going to have something to say about your "charity." (I using "you" in the general sense here).
Or perhaps they believe that we are all God's children and therefore we should help one another, not everyone is just thinking about themselves all the time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
You haven't demonstrated that the data are biased. You haven't even demonstrated that the institutions that the data originate from are biased. Even if the institution was biased, applying guilt by association to the researchers who happen to work at the institution and who have made their methodologies transparent and available for peer review is a very, very fallacious argument and underscores a deficit in your education. This isn't a bad thing, but if you insist on continuing to debate such topics, it may benefit you to obtain some education in the fields as well as the general field of philosophy where it pertains to critical reasoning and logic.
The fact they are being sued for persecuting Christians specifically isn't good enough for you? Do you need it to be the KKK style of cross burning before religious persecution becomes apparent?



Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
It explains only that, in the United States, there is a right to civil action via the court system. Show us the case citations to the suits where the plaintiffs were awarded damages. Then you might have something for discussion.
http://www.discovery.org/scripts/vie...wnload&id=1489

How does a congressional report sound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Sure. Its possible. The data are available for review. I eagerly await your analyses.
Considering your statements as research fact is the same type of garbage that scientists used to claim that some of my ancestors weren't as intelligent just due to the color of their skin, I would think that it is more likely than your "research" being accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Not much. No. I detest politics and politicians. Liberals, conservatives, democrats, republicans -they're all the same to me: sqwaking hens crying about this and that, looking for power and status... meh.
Explains why you are pulling stuff straight out of the DNC handbook.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
HA! You're not serious! Are you? You're saying that a bunch of religious nuts sore that their myths and superstitions aren't getting accepted as science by universities where real educations are obtained is evidence that *my* citation is biased? Cool. I'm liking you more and more.
If you've been paying attention to my other debates I've flat out stated that the media is corrupt and mostly made up of far left ideaologues. In case you've noticed your sources are the universities that are being accused of blatent discrimination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
One things for sure, there'll always be something to talk about in the Senate as long as you're posting here.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,