Thread: [Episode] LucasCast: Episode 1
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #58
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char Ell View Post
@ Lynk - confused about LucasArts? Aren't we all. That whole "two games a year" came from ex-president Jim Ward though. As far as I know LucasArts hasn't communicated anything about their business plan since Darrell Rodriguez took over last April so who knows if the two games a year thing is still true or not. I'm very much interested if you can get someone from LucasArts on a future LucasCast to see if they'll open up on the subject.
Oh yeah, I choose to blame that little bit of information on Jeff But either way, what LA has been up to in recent years has been hard to understand... and we really do need someone from LA to try to explain to us what it is they're trying to do...

Quote:
RE: cancellation of PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of SoK - anybody questioning the continued viability of the Ronin engine (combined DMM, euphoria, and Havok technologies) that LucasArts built and first used on TFU and that was also supposed to be used on the same platforms for SoK? Perchance last June LucasArts cut loose too many of the devs that worked on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of TFU to make SoK happen on those platforms now but seriously, does anybody think we're going to see another LucasArts game that uses this engine? Looks to me like it could very well be one and done with TFU.
I'm thinking other game developers may end up using their technology at some point in the future... as for LucasArts themselves, as stated above... who knows what they're thinking at the moment.

Quote:
Really enjoyed the inaugural LucasCast and hearing everybody's voices. Lynky's accent is the best by far.
It's great hearing all of this positive feedback... but it's a little hard to understand how people are picking out my accent from the rest. I thought leXX's accent would be the one everyone would comment about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
QFE. Its a right barrel of laughs sometimes when you're the only British person playing a game with voice capabilities in a room full of Americans. I love spinning them into a right lingo tangle on whatever I'm playing, although sometimes it's too easy to be proud of.

They say they speak English though in truth, they don't...
HEY, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey... watch it there buddy. I'm Australian.

And yeah, without Groov, none of this would've happened in the first place.

Also, '99 posse gonna pwn you n00bs

Lynk Former is offline   you may: