View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #53
GarfieldJL
Banned
 
Status: Banned
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker View Post
You said, "by your reasoning black people aren't as intelligent as White based on studies done years ago."
Yes I did, by your line of reasoning those studies would be perfectly valid, I'm not saying you believe those studies, but your line of reasoning can be used to say those studies were valid. Hmm, the only other thing I may have to apologize for is not including the word "line" but other than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
That, categorically, is not my reasoning and I made no comment at all about the ancestry of people. I cited data which are demonstrating a clear, negative correlation between intelligence and conservative beliefs. That has nothing to do whatever with ancestry.
You're going off on a red herring, and btw, you did insult people's heritage and insulted people because of their religion, which is discrimination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
You have just over 12 hours remaining. I suggest you edit your post, but if you prefer, a public apology for mis-characterizing my comments for your own ends will go a long way to developing a bit of respect from me. This mis-characterization implies that I'm a racist, whether you chose to admit or not and whether thats what you intended or not. Just over 12 hours....
Only thing I'll apologize for is the misinterpretation on your part. If I were going to call you a racist, I would just flat out call you it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
No I don't. The data I'm citing from the studies I'm citing have nothing whatever to do with historical pseudoscience. These studies have nothing to do with ancestry or ethnicity and are backed by empirical data.
Actually it's just like the pseudoscience, your line of reasoning can be used to validate those studies. And as far as empirical data, I somehow doubt that. You've used every chance you had to bash people based on whether or not they believe in God, which is religious discrimination. I'm not going to back off that statement because that's the truth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
The data are not subjective -they are empirical. The methodologies include the demographics of the samples. You need only look at the papers cited.
Then if you really believe that I got some land to sell you on Jupiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
You're not done yet. You've mis-characterized my comment which cites data regarding beliefs by attempting to equivocate it to pseudoscientific studies in history that derided ancestry and ethnicity. This is a prime and clear example of a straw man argument, which is a form of ad hominem argument. You'll need to edit your post and/or post an acknowledgment that my position and comment is being mis-characterized. I'll settle for simply you editing the post. 12 hours. Tick-tock.
That exact kind of study was done before by the Nazis in the 1930s. That is a fact, and you can argue it all day long, but the facts are the facts. You're just dismissing it because it completely invalidates your sources.

Addendum:
Btw, I edited the post to clarify what I was saying, I completely disagree with your interpretation though.

Last edited by GarfieldJL; 02-25-2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Addendum
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,