View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #96
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Warrior View Post
You know what is to say that he didn't? That fact that nobody has called him on it, and nobody is able to point out where he manipulated bad data and skewed the results in this study. If such bad science had taken place someone would assuredly step in and publish a paper about it since it would be a quick and easy way to gain some notoriety in the scientific community.
Because he hadn't been caught at it because that's what the peers want to believe. You always need to be skeptical of research that says someone is smarter than someone else based on ideology, because it is the same kind of research the Nazis did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Warrior
You're obviously just going to continue sticking your fingers in your ears and ignoring the actual science that you cannot debate because you either
If you consider propaganda to be science.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Warrior
A) Don't understand it
or
B) Are aware that you would be unable to refute it and would have to accept it as empirically valid.
I'm going with

C) You can't realize when something is propaganda.
or
D) You are aware that it nothing more than propaganda yet you cling to it because it supports your ideology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
Not that it's relevant anyway, but what data was his in regards to? Please cite the research. If you can't, don't sweat it. There's no reason to worry about it since this was from several years ago and the current research I'm citing is completely different and its data stands on its own merit.
It had to do with another one group is smarter than another group study. So the data's merit is seriously lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinWalker
I'm not interested in arguing the issue. Its irrelevant since it isn't related to the data I cited.
Considering it was the same type of study, I think you know perfectly well that it is relevent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Perhaps you should take a philosophy 101 class.
Any other personal jabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Every single thing you assert is based off of what we like to call a "fallacy of logic." This one would fall between 'ad hominem' and 'poisioning the well.' Use your research skills to figure out what they are.
There is also something known as research integrity and the first source I looked up the background on, has little to no integrity.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,