View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #100
ET Warrior
PhD in horribleness

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Oh you mean like the one where a scientist at the Smithsonian Institute was discriminated against because he believed in God?
I fail to see how that in any possible way relates to the point I was making.

Quote:
Considering I do a lot of research, I already know that, and the fact that SkinWalker's source has gotten in trouble for skewing data, doesn't speak well of his source's credibility.
Yes, we heard you the first five thousand times, we realize that you don't believe his source is credible because of one unrelated instance in his past where he was reprimanded for poor investigative techniques on a different topic. What you have failed to do is point out how that relates to the research we are discussing. If he was already in trouble for poor research techniques then wouldn't it stand to reason all subsequent research would be scrutinized far more? And therefore any bias or data manipulation would have been found out?

Quote:
Why don't you look up on wikipedia the Nazi Party there is a subsection in that article dealing with how they utilized 'research' to prove their discriminatory attitudes as legitimate.
And why don't we just keep on discussing completely unrelated tangents. Or perhaps you could use more than circumstance and assumptions and actually empirically demonstrate how Nyborg's research is in any way the same pseudo science. Demonstrate the error in his methods. Explain the flaws in reasoning.

Quote:
As one whom possesses a minor in History, I can say with relative certainty that those whom do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
As one who does not possess a minor in history I can also say that I too have heard that quote. Relevance?

Quote:
Quite frankly the research that SkinWalker is using looks rather similar to the kind of research that was seen out of Nazi Germany.
Really? Were the methods the same? Same sample size, same sampling method? Or is the only similarity the fact that they're centered around intelligence?

ET Warrior is offline   you may: quote & reply,