View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #119
GarfieldJL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
The burden of proof is on your shoulders, and you've yet to prove this information has been manipulated. You are going on a personal hunch, and that is not fact.
Would you want to fly in an airplane where the safety studies were done by someone with a history of skewing the data to make it seem like it was safe when the wings were about to come off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery
So, you didn't actually read the study or Skinwalker's post. That makes your posts easier to understand.
Not all of it, because it violated quite a few smell tests just based on SkinWalker's posts. I did some looking into the guy's background, and found that the man had been suspended for conducting a similar study only it involved genders if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Since you didn't bother reading his post or the study and have instead opted to make yourself look stupid, re-read this:
I read part of it, and how it was presented so are you telling me that SkinWalker misrepresented the data? Any studies that have to do with intelligence of people based on race, gender, and/or religion in my book and based on history are usually subject to blatent bias. I'd say the same thing if it had said aetheists aren't as intelligent for not believing in God.

Quote:
How is closing your eyes and ears and yelling loudly working out for you?
Pot calling the kettle black there...

Quote:
I could also assume that from the mistakes Fox News may have done with a News story that all of their stories from that point on are invalid. I could assume that since one study managed to screw up, and every study ever made after that is also invalid.
Making a mistake is not the same as deliberately distorting data, the person conducting the study was suspended for deliberately tampering with the data.

Quote:
The thing is, you have given good reason as to why it -may- be skewed, but you've yet to give proof that it has been. Give us something that says it has been. Give us outrage over a skewed fact. Give us something other than your own speculation and the speculation of the research you never did.
Fact is I don't have to prove anything more than I have, the burden of proof is on the researcher in a research study, if they have compromised their credibility it throws other research of a similar nature into question. That's why getting accused of something like this is such a big deal.

That's also the reason why what someone has done in the past is important.
GarfieldJL is offline   you may: quote & reply,