View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 PM   #89
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingerhs View Post
well, i just picked the game up and completed the installation. jeez, even with a disc, the game easily took almost 30mins to install on my system. it was about 10min to get Steam working (why they chose to use Steam on a disc installation i'll never understand), and another 20min for the actual installation. that was ridiculous, even for a game with this much data (about 1.5GB). i'm not off to a very good start.
It took me three goes to install from my disc last night (courtesy of my Pre-Order).

When it works, however, it's brilliant. I'm 22 years into a British campaign - I'm sweeping through Upper Canada, dominating the Ivory Coast through trade, and my armies are the most advanced in the world - just ask Sweden .

I can't understand why they want Stockholm back...

I'm surprised, but it seems to be living up to the hype at the moment - it's everything I'd expected, and everything I could want from a Strategy game. Of course, a little more realism would be nice, but it's pretty good as is.

I think i'll conquer Portugal next, and see if Spain will let me buy Gibraltar...

Last edited by Astor; 03-04-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,