Old 03-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Kyvios
Forumite

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
A Lost Journal

A Lost Journal:
By. Kyvois

Katunda, Telona 24, 3,957 BBY:

To whoever finds this I will give you this warning. Do not stay here. Do not linger here for too long. This place holds many dark secretes. Knows things about your past that you wish to forget, or may have forgotten. This place with each room will make you relive those events, and even make you face a future in which you fear. This place…. This place inside a cave knows the darkest secrets of all the galaxies. If you do not take this warning then my spirit can only hope that you will not face the same fate as me.

That is what it read, that little tiny piece of paper clenched in its owners hand. A cold skeleton forgotten threw time. The author didn’t leave his name, only a simple warning. A warning that I now wish I had listened too. Now I’m sitting here in a cold damp room listening to the background noise of water slowly trickle down into a self created puddle. This room is completed like the other three before it. Each one changing the way I think and feel. Why? Why do I have to relive such events?

I know to continue on would only bring more pain upon what feels like such a fragile heart. I am not afraid to admit that I have cried, that I have wept at the memories I have faced. I came in cocky and arrogant. I came in with the belief that my heart was so cold that nothing from my past could faze me. I now realize how greatly mistaken I was. This realization itself seems to have changed me, but for the better or worse. This I cannot say until I find the courage or arrogance I came in with to continue on.

“You’ll never make it” he said to me, wearing that all knowing smile so well “No one has come out unchanged. You will be no different.”

I didn’t listen. I refused to believe that a simple cave could change a person so dramatically. But he just sat upon a rock, his arms folded across his chest with that damn smile.

“I am not like everyone else.” I said so arrogantly, having too much confidence in my abilities. Abilities that now seem to measure up to nothing in the whole scheme of things. I walked into the room with my head held high, and my ego flying higher.

He laughed at me as he said “I’ll start your funeral arrangements.”

At the time I didn’t pay him any attention, I didn’t believe he deserved it. I knew what I wanted to accomplish I just never believed it would be so hard. The first room however, was easy enough though a little surprising. Never could I have imagined that this place could create such life like phantoms of people I once knew. There in front of me stood my former master. Looking at me with those eyes. Eyes that felt like they could pierce your soul permanently leaving its mark upon you forever. Over time I grew to hate those eyes, those eyes that could see everything, and miss nothing.

This moment I do remember. It was after my first defiant act against the order. The phantom perfectly matched my former master’s movements, down to that knowing smirk and glare he gave. He stopped and looked me straight in the eyes. It felt like it did when I was a Padawan, him searching my mind for some kind of misleading truth.

“You know what you have done goes against everything I have taught you. So why did you do it?” he said, his voice calm and stern wanting a truthful answer.

The answer I gave was truthful, and I let him know that by letting my confidence show “They would have killed thousands of innocents if we waited. “

He shook his head at me with a disapproving look “If you would have waited, you would have learned about the bigger threat. But your arrogance has cost us greatly. Now a new approach must be taken. I must speak to the council.”

I stood there like I did back then, the idea of playing that pathetic part grew irritating and bothersome. If it was going to be like that with every room I figured my past would have to be altered a little. I drew out my lightsaber, the blade glowed a vibrant crimson color. I snuck up upon my master, ready to strike. As soon as my blade came down to strike him, he drew out his own blade blocking mine. The phantom smiled at me as he pushed me to a nearby wall. The force of the impact knocked me onto the ground. I tried desperately to take in air and regain my stance upon my feet.

“And that is what you wanted to do back then. Strike me down.” The phantom said to me as if it was my old master.

“I was too weak back then.” I replied.

“You are too weak now.” Lighting shot from his hands. The bolts of electricity engulfed my body. I could feel it as it coursed thru my veins, burning away at flesh. But something was changing. I could feel the dark side grow stronger within me, empowering me. With my blade once again firmly in my grip, I struck a deadly blow at the phantom and it faded away. I continued on with my weak body, but my mind empowered more by the dark side, that gave me the false belief that this place would make me a Sith Lord.

Last edited by Kyvios; 03-17-2009 at 03:17 PM.
Kyvios is offline   you may: quote & reply,